Kuzma Filling In Nicely For LeBron James
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Ute Kyle Kuzma is having to step up for the injured LeBron James to keep the Lakers in the playoff picture.
Damian Lillard had a great week with a 40-point performance against the Warriors.
Jakob Poeltl isn’t filling up the stat sheet but is getting some meaningful minutes for the Spurs.
Here’s how the locals did during Week 11 of the NBA season from December 26 to January 1:
Kyle Kuzma – Los Angeles Lakers (21-16)
The Lakers went 1-2 during the week mostly due to the injury of LeBron James. Kuzma has been relied on to step up in his absence. He scored 33 points, pulled down 9 rebounds and dished out 5 assists in the first game with James but the Lakers lost to the Kings.
Kuzma had 24 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists in their loss to the Clippers but ended the week with 18 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists in the Lakers win over the Kings at home.
NEXT UP: The Lakers have four games during Week 12, starting at home against Oklahoma City and New York before traveling to Minnesota and Dallas.
Jakob Poeltl – San Antonio Spurs (21-17)
The former Ute had 6 points and a team-high 11 rebounds in their win over Denver at home before putting up 7 points and 5 rebounds in Denver. Poeltl played just 10 minutes against the Clippers and had 3 points and 4 rebounds.
The final game of the week, he had 2 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists in the Spurs win over Boston.
NEXT UP: The Spurs will play three games during Week 12, beginning at home against Toronto and Memphis before traveling to Detroit and Memphis.
Delon Wright – Toronto Raptors (28-11)
Toronto won three of their four games during Week 11. Delon Wright had four points, three rebounds in their win over Miami. He chipped in six points and six assists in the Raptors’ loss to Orlando, while scoring eight points in the win over Chicago. He finished the week with eight points and two steals in their win over Utah.
NEXT UP: Toronto’s four games in Week 12 will start on the road against San Antonio and Milwaukee before hosting Indiana and Atlanta.
Damian Lillard – Portland Trail Blazers (22-16)
The Trail Blazers went 3-1 during Week 11. Lillard scored 21 points and dished out 5 assists against Golden State at home. He dropped 40 points in their road loss to the Warriors before scoring just 15 points but adding 7 rebounds and 5 assists in their dominating win over Philadelphia.
Lillard finished the week with 25 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists in the Blazers’ win over the Kings.
NEXT UP: Portland will host Oklahoma City, Houston and New York during Week 12.
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 8906)
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3167)
- Life As BYU's Cosmo: What It Takes To Become A National Champion Mascot - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2137)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1657)
- NBA Sets Plan For Return - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1544)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1143)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1116)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 918)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 831)