Kyle Kuzma Steps Up For Lakers On Christmas Day
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Kyle Kuzma is shaping up to be the second best player on the Lakers behind LeBron James. Kuzma stepped up for the future Hall-of-Famer on Christmas Day.
Damian Lillard and Kuzma played on Christmas Day with Lillard returning to Utah to face the Jazz and Kuzma faced the defending champion Golden State Warriors.
Here’s how the locals did during week 10 of the NBA season from December 19 to December 25:
Kyle Kuzma – Los Angeles Lakers (20-14)
The Lakers went 2-1 during week 10 of the NBA season. Kuzma led the team in scoring in both wins with 23 points against New Orleans and dropped 19 points and 6 rebounds in their win over the Golden State Warriors on Christmas Day. He stepped up when LeBron James left in the third quarter with a groin injury.
Kuzma had 11 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists in the Lakers lone loss of the week to the Memphis Grizzlies. He is currently averaging 18.1 points, which is second on the Lakers, 5.7 rebounds and 48 percent shooting from the field.
NEXT UP: The Lakers have three games during week 11, starting at Sacramento before hosting the Clippers and the Kings.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) December 26, 2018
Jakob Poeltl – San Antonio Spurs (18-16)
The former Ute had four points, four rebounds and three assists in 22 minutes of play in their win over Orlando. Poeltl scored 12 points and pulled down 6 rebounds while seeing 27 minutes of playing time in the Spurs dominating win over Minnesota.
He finished the week with six points, four rebounds and two blocks in just 17 minutes in their loss to the Houston Rockets. On the season, Poeltl is averaging six points and five rebounds in 15 minutes per game.
NEXT UP: The Spurs will play four games during week 11, starting at home against Denver before traveling to the Nuggets and the Los Angeles Clippers. They will finish the week at home against the Boston Celtics.
— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) December 23, 2018
Delon Wright – Toronto Raptors (25-10)
Toronto won two of their three games during week 11. Delon Wright had six points, six rebounds and four assists in their three point win over Indiana. Wright made his second start of the season in their 16-point win over the Cleveland Cavaliers and had 8 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists.
He finished the week with four points, three rebounds and three assists in their disappointing loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. Wright is averaging 6.1 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2 assists per game.
NEXT UP: Toronto’s four games in week 11 will start on the road against Miami and Orlando before hosting Chicago and Utah.
Naaaawwww, bruh pic.twitter.com/z7pVcpvnP3
— Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) December 22, 2018
Damian Lillard – Portland Trail Blazers (19-15)
The Trail Blazers went 2-2 during week 10 with both losses coming to the Utah Jazz. Lillard led the team in scoring in all four games. He had 24 points and 4 assists against Memphis. He scored 19 points in their home loss to Utah and had 33 points and 7 assists in their overtime win against Dallas.
Lillard finished the week with 20 points and 4 assists on Christmas Day against the Jazz. He is averaging 27 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists per game.
NEXT UP: Portland will be at Golden State before hosting the Warriors. They will stay at home for a matchup with Philadelphia and ending the week at Sacramento.
— Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) December 25, 2018
— Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) December 26, 2018
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 8906)
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3167)
- Life As BYU's Cosmo: What It Takes To Become A National Champion Mascot - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2137)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1657)
- NBA Sets Plan For Return - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1544)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1143)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1116)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 918)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 831)