Kyle Kuzma Has Great Week To Help Lakers Climb Standings
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Kyle Kuzma led the Lakers in scoring in two of their four games and dropped 20 points or more in all three games.
Jakob Poeltl is officially apart of the Spurs rotation as he logged 15 minutes or more in all four games during the week.
Here’s how the locals did in their eighth week of the NBA season from December 5 to December 11:
Kyle Kuzma – Los Angeles Lakers (17-10)
The Lakers had a great week, going 3-1 in their four games. Kuzma scored 20 or more points in all four games. He started the week with 22 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists in their win over San Antonio. Kuzma added 27 points and 8 rebounds in their loss to the Spurs in San Antonio.
He scored 20 points, pulled down 9 rebounds and dished out 6 assists against Memphis. Kuzma ended the week with 33 points and 7 rebounds in the Lakers victory over the Heat.
NEXT UP: The Lakers have four games during week nine with all of the games on the road. They will start in Houston before traveling to Charlotte. The Lakers will stop in Washington and end the week in Brooklyn.
Jakob Poeltl – San Antonio Spurs (14-14)
The former Ute seems to have solidified a spot in Gregg Popovich’s rotation as Poeltl played 15 minutes or more in all four games where the Spurs finished the week at 3-1. After a 6-point, 8-rebound performance in Los Angeles against the Lakers, Poeltl turned around and dropped 14 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks on the Lakers at home.
He struggled against in the Spurs win over the Jazz, scoring just two points and pulling down 8 rebounds. Poeltl finished the week with 8 points and a season-high 11 rebounds in their dominating win over the Suns.
NEXT UP: The Spurs will play three games during week nine with all three contests at home. They will host the LA Clippers, Chicago Bulls and Philadelphia 76ers.
Delon Wright – Toronto Raptors (22-7)
A 2-2 week for the Raptors but still have just 7 losses on the season. Delon Wright started the week with just two points and two assists in the Raptors win over the 76ers. He dropped 5 points and 3 rebounds in their one point loss to Brooklyn.
Wright didn’t score in the Raptors loss to the Bucks but pulled down three rebounds but finished the week strong with 12 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals in their win over the Clippers. Wright played 61 minutes in four games.
NEXT UP: Toronto’s three games in week nine will all be on the road starting in Oakland against Golden State before going to Portland and finishing in Denver.
Damian Lillard – Portland Trail Blazers (15-12)
The Blazers went 2-1 during week eight and Lillard led the team in scoring all three contests. Started with a 25 point, 8 assist performance in the Blazers win over the Phoenix Suns. He scored 28 points and dished out 6 assists in their home win over Minnesota and ended the week with 34 points in the Blazers loss to Houston on the road.
NEXT UP: Portland will be at Memphis before hosting Toronto. They will end the week in Los Angeles against the Clippers.
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 8906)
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3167)
- Life As BYU's Cosmo: What It Takes To Become A National Champion Mascot - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2137)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1657)
- NBA Sets Plan For Return - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1544)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1143)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1116)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 918)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 831)