Britain Covey Had Surgery To Repair Torn ACL, Meniscus
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah wide receiver Britain Covey announced on Twitter that he had surgery to repair a torn ACL and meniscus.
Covey suffered the injury during Utah’s loss in the Pac-12 Championship against Washington.
Just had surgery to repair a torn ACL and meniscus. I’ll be back before you know it! In the end, minor setbacks turn out to be major miracles! ✊🙏 pic.twitter.com/GNejDaDJjR
— Britain Covey (@brit_covey2) December 11, 2018
The sophomore did a little bit of everything for Utah in 2018. He led the team with 60 catches for 637 yards and one touchdown through the air.
Covey threw three passes and completed all three of them for 71 yards and two touchdowns. He also ran the ball 21 times for 173 yards. Finally, he had seven kick returns for 144 yards and 25 punt returns for 221 yards.
A typical rehabilitation period for and ACL and meniscus injury is six to nine months. If Covey takes the full nine months, he would return in September. But everyone is different.
Covey will obviously miss Utah’s next game which is the Holiday Bowl on December 31 against Northwestern at 5 p.m. on FS1.
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 12428)
- Former MLB Pitcher Tyson Brummett, Three Others Die In Utah Plane Crash (pageviews: 2364)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1061)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 615)
- BYU Basketball Roster 2020-21 Built Off Impact Transfers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 516)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 489)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 465)
- Report: NBA, NBAPA Agree On List Of Custom Jersey Messages For League's Restart (pageviews: 414)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 392)