Jazz Ready For Season Opener Against Kings
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – After a 39-point blowout over the Sacramento Kings in the preseason finale last week, the Utah Jazz are all business for Wednesday’s regular season opener against the Kings.
Jazz Have Short-Term Memory
According to Jazz forward Derrick Favors, Utah has already forgotten about that less-than-close contest last Thursday.
“We have to forget about that game. That was a preseason game,” Favors told the Deseret News’ Eric Woodyard. “Now, we’re getting ready to go into the regular season where we’re playing them for real now, so we have to go in there with the right mentality and know that they’re going to come out ready.”
By The Numbers
Utah is riding a five game winning streak against the Kings, including a perfect three game sweep last season. Donovan Mitchell starred against Sacramento in his rookie year last season, averaging 29.7 points over the three games.
Sacramento will be led by Buddy Hield, who averaged 13.5 points per game last season. He was held to just seven points on 3-of-13 shooting on Thursday. The leading scorer for the Kings in that game was Marvin Bagley III, who contributed 17 points and eight rebounds in the blowout loss. Bagley was selected with the 2nd overall pick in this year’s draft out of Duke.
With the exception of Raul Neto, who is expected to miss a couple weeks with a hamstring injury, the Jazz are healthy and ready to start the season on the right foot. The Kings will be without Bogdan Bogdanovic who will be nursing a knee injury. Kings center Kosta Koufos is expected to be a game time decision with a hamstring injury of his own.
The game will tip off at 8 p.m. and be broadcast on AT&T SportsNet.
IT. HAS. ARRIVED. 🙌
📺: @ATTSportsNetRM (Xfinity: 693, DirectTV: 683-1, Dish: 444, Hopper: 412-28)
⏰: 8:00PM MT
🎽: Association #TeamIsEverything pic.twitter.com/ogoYrX2A5n
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) October 17, 2018
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2904)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2322)
- BYU Football Comes In At No. 14 In College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 2210)
- Utah Football Game Against Arizona State Canceled Due To COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1624)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 864)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 728)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 681)
- Britain Covey Confirms Hamstring Injury In #GiveThanks Instagram Post - KSL Sports (pageviews: 652)