Jazz Blow Out Kings In Preseason Finale, 132-93
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – In their final test of the preseason, the Utah Jazz steamrolled the Sacramento Kings 132-93.
It wasn’t much of a contest as the Jazz took a commanding 39-10 lead at the end of the first quarter and never looked back en route to a wire-to-wire 39 point victory.
Wrong Game, Sacramento
The game was such blowout that the Kings Twitter account even turned to giving updates on the Thursday Night Football game between the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants.
At the end of the first, the Eagles lead the Giants 31-13. pic.twitter.com/706rNyKyfy
— Sacramento Kings (@SacramentoKings) October 12, 2018
Jazz Stars Played Little Time, But Did Well
Rudy Gobert was highly efficient in a short outing, collecting 18 points on 7-of-8 shooting in just 17 minutes of action.
Donovan Mitchell also played in limited minutes. He also was on the floor for 17 minutes and scored 13 points on 4-for-6 shooting including three 3-pointers made.
By The Numbers
As a team, the Jazz were solid shooting the ball, finishing with a field goal percentage of 60 percent. They also went 14-for-30 from beyond the arc. By comparison, the Kings shot just 34.4 percent from the field and a miserable 16.7 percent from 3-point land in a dominating defensive effort by the Jazz.
“We wanted to make sure we sharpened everything before the season in the game tonight. We played great tonight,” said Derrick Favors to Jazz sideline reporter Kristen Kenney postgame.
A Perfect Preseason
The win caps a perfect 5-0 preseason for the Jazz. That marks a second consecutive undefeated preseason for Utah, who also went 5-0 prior to beginning the 2017-18 campaign.
The Jazz will begin the regular season again in Sacramento against the Kings on Oct. 17 at 8 p.m.
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4937)
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 3370)
- BYU/Pepperdine: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2318)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1983)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Breaks Ankles As He Lights Up Pelicans To Start Game (pageviews: 1471)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1437)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1258)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1104)
- Jazz Vs. Warriors: Game Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 937)